Project name Rail Infrastructure Emergency Rehabilitation Project
Business sector Transport
Project ID 37232
Funding source EBRD
Type of contract Project Services
Type of notice Invitation for Expression of Interest
Issue date 15 April 2016
Closing date 5 May 2016, 12 am Podgorica time
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Invitation for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project published in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD website on 2nd February 2015.
Railways of Montenegro ‘Željeznicka Infrastruktura Crne Gore AD (ZICG)” intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“the Bank”) towards the cost of a project to undertake emergency rehabilitation of the railway infrastructure where the services of the Construction Supervision Consultant are required. The project is subject to the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules.
The Employer now invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified firms who are interested in providing assistance to the Employer to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by advising the Employer on the administration of the EBRD-funded contract with due diligence and by carrying out the duties of the Engineer assigned to him in the contract which is a re-measurement unit rate contract based on FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, Red Book, 1999, as modified through Particular Conditions. The Consultant shall exercise the authority attributable to the Engineer, as specified in or necessarily implied from the contract, to ensure timely, satisfactory completion of the Works in accordance with the contract. The consulting services (“the Services”) include Supervision of one Civil Works Contract for:
- Rehabilitation of tracks on open line Kolasin - Kos (km 340+991.60 – km 350+856.27)
- Rehabilitation of tracks on Station ‘Kos’ which include main track (km 350+856.27 - km 351+685.13) and station tracks (km 350+857.25 - km 351+684.69)
The assignment is expected to start immediately after selection of Consultant and respective consultancy contract signature (which is expected by end of May 2016) with estimated total duration of 42 (forty two) months (about 15 months for Civil Works execution, 24 months for Defects Notification Period and 3 months for post DNP period for Performance Certificate issuance and other closing activities).
Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm, or consortium of firms, and is expected to have appropriate experience in the supervision of projects in the rail sector in similar business environments and in accordance with FIDIC conditions of contract.
The Consultant’s team is expected to include the following key experts:
- Team Leader / Resident Civil Engineer (managing, civil works on track rehabilitation) should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / skills:
- A graduated civil engineer having at least fifteen (15) years of general experience in civil engineering and civil management in area of expertise.
- At least 7 years of proven professional experience in the railway sector related to design, supervision or civil works on the similar projects.
- Extensive experience as full time Team Leader/Engineer for similar projects, with at least two (2) projects in the role of the Engineer under FIDIC which were successfully completed.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Resident Electrical Engineer (works for signalling, contact network & telecommunication) should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / skills:
- A graduated engineer having at least ten (10) years of general experience in electrical engineering preferably in the transport sector.
- At least 7 years of proven professional experience in the railway sector related to relevant design, supervision or electrical engineering works on the similar projects.
- Extensive experience in similar projects, with at least two (2) projects in the similar roles under FIDIC which were successfully completed.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Any additional assistance including non-key technical staff and back office support, if required to complement the knowledge of key experts in order to fulfil the Consultants tasks under ToR, e.g. in case Resident Electrical Engineer doesn’t have experience in all three required areas (signalling, contact network and telecommunication), will have to be provided and any associated cost will be assumed to be covered by key experts’ remuneration rates apart from non-key technical staff as agreed during negotiations.
One of Key Expert has to be certified for work on electrified line for line closure organisation.
The Consultants should have certificates/licenses/permits or similar confirmation of the qualifications as required by Montenegrin legislation. A foreign company requesting to issue an equivalent of a license for foreign national needs to submit: company registration in Montenegro document, certified translations of the original licenses and those of the company registration documents in their home country. A foreign individual requesting to issue equivalent of a license needs to submit: certified translations of their passport, diploma and the original license. For full details see the Chamber of Engineers website (in Montenegrin): http://www.ingkomora.me/ikcg_sajt/site_cg/public/index.php/index/artikli?id=683.
Such documents, if cannot be provided with the expression of interest will have to be provided at a contract signature stage.
Eligibility: Procurement will be open for all the Consultants except those restricted in the EBRD’s list of ineligible entities. The proceeds of the loan shall not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations and the Client’s Country prohibitions.
Procurement of the consultancy services will be conducted in accordance with the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules. The consultants will be selected following the shortlisting procedures. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will NOT be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding. The consultancy contract will be based on the EBRD’s HARMONIZED STANDARD FORM OF CONTRACT, Time-Based.
If the Consultant has been found by a judicial process or other official enquiry to have engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices, details of the basis for the outcome of such process or enquiry shall be provided with the expression of interest.
The Employer reserves the right not to shortlist consulting firms that have been found to have engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices regardless of the results of technical evaluation of the expressions of interest.
In order to determine the qualifications and competence of consulting firms seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
- brief overview of the firm/group of firms including company profile, organization and staffing;
- details of similar experience of firm or group of firms and related assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, percentage carried out by the Consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives;
- CVs of key experts who are suggested to carry out the assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments executed based on FIDIC Red Book contract conditions, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
- Completed Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information should not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs and contact/declaration sheet).The complete expression of interest (including CVs), original, 2 copies and one electronic copy in PDF format, should be submitted in English to the address specified below in an envelope marked "Expression of Interest for the Supervision Services of Track Rehabilitation on open line Kolasin-Kos and station Kos along railway line Vrbnica – Bar in Montenegro", and shall be delivered to the client not later than May 5, 2015, 12 am (Podgorica time).
Failure to provide the completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet may result in disqualification of the applicant from the selection process. Expressions of interest received after this time and date shall not be considered and will be returned unopened. Consultants should be aware that distance and customs formalities may require longer than expected delivery time.
The shortlist selection criteria are:
1. Applicant’s experience in supervision of similar projects in the rail sector - 30 %
2. Applicant’s previous project experience in Montenegro or other countries in the region with similar legislative framework and similar climate conditions (15 %)
3. CV of the Key Experts in accordance with the corresponding requirements listed above (55 %)
Further information may be obtained from:
Lucija Filipović, Project Implementation Unit
Željeznicka Infrastruktura Crne Gore AD (ZICG)
Trg Golootočkih žrtava 13
81000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Fax: +382 20 441 240